A word cloud? Why are we putting that in here? We’ve used it because we wanted to share with you, the words our clients and peers use to describe us and our work.
Who we are
Weston Comms was founded by me – Liz Weston, to provide social media, marketing and communications services in the B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to consumer) markets. The core team is a collective of freelancers and consultants working together on different projects at different points.
How we work
I am usually client facing – delivering reports, doing catch ups and face to face or online meetings. Our freelancers and consultants are all people who want to work in the background and have a flexible approach to their work with me, usually to juggle around their childcare needs. They all have contracts which commit them to only working on delivering a service or project to one client, in one market, at any one time. This means that if you’re a frozen peas producer, the Weston Comms team won’t be working with your competitor, under the umbrella of Weston Comms or their own work.It’s important to us, that when we come up with a simply brilliant idea, we don’t have to decide which client should benefit from it.
Working across social media, marketing and communications, Weston Comms provides a bespoke mix of consultancy, training, ongoing support and measurement of performance and implementation, content management and everything in between, right through to day to day management and engagement where needed. We have a number of clients who we provide services to on a retained basis, and also do project or consultancy contract activities – it all depends on what works best to meet the needs of our clients.
What are we known for?
Between us, the core Weston Comms team has more than 3 decades of marketing, social media and communications experience. Having started out working on projects for NHS Maternity Units, it was natural to move into the parenting, baby and family market. We still work in partnership with a number of clients in these areas. In 2010, we branched out and now work with clients in the tech, retail, health and healthcare, educational and wedding markets. This broadening of our experience allows us to test out ideas and action opportunities across a range of markets to identify what is most effective for our work. In 2011, I went to San Francisco with the High Growth Foundation and a small group of other businesses. This had a significant effect upon my outlook, and enabled Weston Comms to branch out into the international market and commit more of our learning and development in the social media arena. This continues to serve our clients in meeting their goals, so it’s something we are continuing to develop as our main service.
Things you’ll notice about Weston Comms
- Our clients come to us through word of mouth recommendation because we are known for being unafraid to challenge the status quo, to look at things from a different perspective, to want to get to know your customers as well as we do you, for being interested in the bigger picture and working out where and how we can best contribute to it. Why? Because we know that the work we provide has an impact and will continue to affect positive change long after you’ve hired us for that initial project to test us out ;)
- We turn down more work than we take on. Why? Because we know who we are best to work for, and initial conversations usually help us to identify if we are right for you and your business. If we don’t feel we are best positioned to meet your goals, we will usually know someone who is able to help!
So, what next?
- Have a look at more info on our team
- Read our alternative about us page
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 501520 so we can find out more about you and the market you work in!