I just found some notes I made whilst on holiday this year, reading the book “unmarketing“. So I thought I’d share them on here. It’s a bit random, but this is what it is and if it helps you, sparks an idea, or gives you something to ponder on, then there’s a benefit to it. The link I’m giving to Amazon is not an affiliate link – I don’t make money from this. In case you can’t see the click through this is the long link: http://www.amazon.com/UnMarketing-Stop-Marketing-Start-Engaging/dp/047061787X
- Start topics of conversation.
- Help people out.
- If you want to be successful in social media you have to build up your social currency.
- You’ve got to invest in something before withdrawing. Investing your social currency means giving your time, your knowledge, and your efforts to that channel before trying to withdraw monetary currency.
- People don’t care about your business until they know you care about them. Look what gets shared on FB or RT on twiter. It’s not ads or pitches. It’s knowledge. It’s stuff that makes people say “awesome” and they need to tell others about it.
- Social media brings about a huge change in power.
- Tell customers of the hours when you are online and available…
- Tweet constantly, tweet quality, tweet retweetable content, be authentic, use a face picture.
- The biggest criticism of social media is not being able to get measureable results. But, not only do you get real results, you can also generate real conversations.
Anyway, when I next get chance, I’ll put some more of the notes up that I’ve made from other books I’m reading. What are you reading? What’s of interest to you at the moment? Would be good to hear what’s worth buying and even more so, what’s not worth buying!! And if you have read “Unmarketing” – what did you think?